Problem Description: Microsoft Office error code O8x0040154 happens due to an existing installation of the Microsoft Office suite in your computer. This error is applicable with all the versions of Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Office 2019, Microsoft Office 2016, Microsoft Office 2013, Microsoft Office 2010, Microsoft Office 2007.
Resolution to fix O8x0040154:
To fix this issue, it is required to repair the Office installation. Please follow the steps below to repair the Microsoft Office installation.
1. Click the Start menu and then select Control Panel. 2. Launch Programs and then click on Programs and Features. 3. Now, scroll and select the Office product and click Change at the top of the Window. 4. Then, click on Quick Repair and wait till the Office program is repaired. 5. If the above steps did not help fix the issue, it is required to uninstall the office products and then install it again.
Windows 10 /Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 1. Press the Windows logo key and the letter R to launch the Run window. 2. Enter the command “control” and the hit Enter. 3. Then, select Programs and Features. 4. Now, scroll and select the Office product and click Change at the top of the Window.
5. Select Quick Repair and Click on Repair
6. Done the Repair. Now Office suite is working fine.
7. If issue is not resolved click on Uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall the Office program.
8. Then Install the Office Product again.
Steps for installation to fix error code kw:1. Enter the product key2. If you have online account enter the username and password.3. Click on InstallClick on all DoneNow, the Office Suite is installed and ready to use.Microsoft Support, Microsoft Office Support, Microsoft Windows Update support, Microsoft blog